for Change Makers
Expand your capacity to make positive social change and spend time with like-minded change makers!
Often, we tend to base ideas for improvement on what is not working, but a strength-based co-design approach allows us to identify individual, community, organisational and stakeholder strengths and assets so that we can create strong, sustainable initiatives by building on what works already.
You will learn about some innovative participatory tools, frameworks and mindsets to design impactful interventions AND mobilise change.
The 3 powerful social change approaches we will cover are:
- Co-design as a human-centred approach, helps us to understand people’s life context, and with its focus on prototyping can help us to collectively come up with solutions that work for everyone involved.
- Asset Based Community Development practices help us to uncover and utilise individual’s and community’s potential, their tangible resources (such as spaces, services and infrastructures) and intangible qualities (such as creative talents, skills, knowledge and social capital) to support and mobilise change.
- Appreciative Inquiry is a change management approach that helps us to identify what is working well, analyse why, so we can do more of it.
This workshop is for:
- those interested in participatory approaches to support change for individuals and communities
- those who have knowledge of co-design and want to learn more about strength-based community development approaches
- those who work with strength based or community development processes and are curious about co-design
- designers interested in cutting edge social design practices and co-designing with vulnerable cohorts
Jax is passionate about the potential for design to enable better futures for people and the planet. She is an accomplished human-centred designer with over 15 years’ professional experience within the private, public and not-for-profit sectors. Passionate about the value of human-centred design for social impact, Jax founded a community of practice, Social Design Sydney which aims to create conversation about social design. Jax shares her expertise and passion for design and social impact by providing co-design coaching and consulting services as Sticky Design Studio, writing, lecturing, and convening masterclasses and events for Social Design Sydney.
Jax will discuss her approach to community driven change combining co-design, asset based community development and appreciative inquiry.
Check out Jax’s portfolio and publications at jaxwechsler.com
Date and Time
University of Technology Sydney Building 1
University of Technology Sydney Level 22, Building 1, 15 Broadway, Ultimo NSW 2007, Australia