Berkana Two Loops
WHEN: August 5th at 6:15pm-8:30pm
Social Design Sydney and the Systems Change Salon are committed to building social and systems change understanding and practice.
We are very excited to work with the Jeder Institute to support you in your change work, and are offering a masterclass on the Two (2) Loop model from the Berkana Institute. The Berkana Institute, founded by Margaret J. Wheatley and Deborah Frieze, works in communities to build their resilience while their group, environment, or society transitions from one social structure to another.
The Two Loop model is a nonlinear theory of change based upon the ideas of living systems. It provides us with insight into the simultaneous growth and decline process that are underway within a system during a transition period.
- is useful in complex organisational change processes
- supports thinking and action relating to change
- helps you to place yourself in the system and see what kind of role you are playing
- provides a heuristic for us to better try and recognize and connect the past to the future during a change process
- gives us the possibility to try and come to some consensus about where we might be as a group in this process of change and the best actions to take at different stages